Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Lake song...






Hallo,
  I haven't posted for awhile again - been a busy summer lately. My DD is home for a couple months before she goes for her military training so we have been hanging out a bit now and then - she decided to work while she was home so she does have that much free time.
  Its amazing how busy I can keep with yard work, house work, walking the dogs, the job and finding a bit of time every week to get to the studio and paint. My current project is a portrait and I haven't ever done a portrait so its a challenge....I am doing it in the cold wax and oils onto a heavy weight paper for oils.
   This painting is currently at the Artel gallery in Pensacola for their "Music to my eyes" show and it won an 'Honerable Mention' - Happy me!! I have 2 paintings in the show again - 2 in a row now and 4 shows in a row to have paintings in - very happy me!!!
   This painting was done with cold wax and oils and is 24 by 12 inches. I really didn't have much in mind when I started other than a lake scene with flowers - the tree was a last add on because that corner looked like it needed a bit more, and I liked the idea of the petals on the breeze. Then I added some 'fireflies' - little dots of light as I felt this painting had an evening feel....\
  Down in the right hand corner is a pair of eyes that I added - as in music to my eyes....but it looked too disembodied so I added a shadow that is cat shaped...
   I had stained the sides with wood stain and taped them off and so that turned out nice....
   Well better get off to work this am....
     Take Care
         Tera














No comments: