Monday, July 3, 2017

To remain unconquerable

 Hallo,
   Well I am all alone except for the pups this week. My son is back at college and my DH and DD are visiting family.....
  I finally finished this portrait of my DD that I have been working on for a show - sadly it did not get juried into the show. Considering this is really the first time I have ever done a portrait of any kind (did a watercolor painting in HS of my Grandpa but not a close up) much less with the cold wax - I think it turned out pretty well. I would love to take a portrait class sometime.....
  I used a heavy weight paper made to paint with oils and took a ton of pictures along the way - with my phone. I have found that it gives me a different perspective on the painting looking at a photo of it as I go.....
  Showing you a few of the photos I took along the way and then the framed result.
   All for today
      Take Care
           Tera





No comments: