Monday, January 1, 2018

Pom pom rugs and a bit of Life...

Hallo,
  Well it is a new year and I am thankful for 2017 and all it brought us - good and bad. It was a bit of a hard weekend for us though as the 30th was my Sister-in laws Birthday and it was hard not having her in the world with us anymore, and it was exactly 6 months since the car wreck that took her hubby and eventually her, away from us. Our Niece and Nephew decided to have a Birthday party for Mom anyhow and friends and neighbors (who have been awesomely supportive during this time) all came and helped them celebrate her life, which was awesome!!! The kids might be young but the arm strong!
   My daughter graduated college in May and was commissioned into the Army as a 1st Lt. and we had tons of family gathered in Nebraska for the celebration, including Jill and the kids. Paula then went to her Military training for her job for 6 weeks starting the end of August and after a quick trip home for Thanksgiving she was off to her first post in Germany. It is weird not having her home for Christmas but have talked a lot and video chatted several times so its not too bad!
  Showing you a couple rugs I have made over the last couple months - made with yarn pom poms. I had to redo the first one as I had the pom poms too close together but they are very soft to walk on and pretty. I don't think they are going to be good for the long run though - NOT machine washable, the pom poms will fall apart, and I am not sure about hand washing so we will see.
  I do have a bunch more yarn to use up so probably will end up with at least 3 more of these - may have to give some to the nieces(and nephews if they want one??)
  They are fun to make and will use up all the old yarn I have stashed around here.
   All for today - Happy New Year!!!
       Tera


No comments: